Salpaus- more than just a school – where students and working life come together
Introduction to Finnish VET
As today’s working life is changing all over the globe, so is the Finnish vocational education and training changing with it. We are expected to continuously develop our skills throughout our careers. The newly re-shaped Finnish vocational education and training, provides a future proof model for continuous and up-to-date competence development.
Salpaus Further Education is one of the biggest vocational education provider in Finland. Our main goal is to serve the Lahti region. Salpaus was established on 1 January 2001. Our training programmes include basic vocational qualifications as well as further and specialist qualifications for all ages.
Salpaus Services Ltd was founded on January 1, 2017 to offer versatile and high-quality non-degree-oriented training. Salpaus Services Ltd provides training for work life in various forms, supplementary skills education and immigrant integration training. Salpaus Services also offers tailor-made training, skill level mapping and development services for your business.
Salpaus Further Education main activities and goals are set by the Ministry of Education and Culture. This includes our main goal of providing vocational education and training as well as the following:
- strengthening relationships between education and work-life
- anticipating training needs
- arranging on-the-job training
- planning and implementing education according to individual needs
- utilizing and developing the skills of our teaching staff
about 60 million €
Every year about 15,000 youth and adult students study in Salpaus.
- 5178 in basic vocational qualifications
- 9,000 in adult education studies
- approximately 480 in apprenticeship basic vocational qualifications
- about 825 in apprenticeship for further and specialist qualifications
There are 611 staff members in Salpaus, about 380 of which are teaching and guidance personnel.