Salpaus Further Education strives to ensure the accessibility of its website in accordance of the Act on the Provision of Digital Services and the EU Accessibility Directive. The current Salpaus.fi website was released on 10.10.2017. In accordance with the act and the directive, the website must meet the accessibility requirements by September 23, 2020.
We are constantly working on improving accessibility to benefit all our clients.
Fulfillment of accessibility requirements
Salpaus.fi website currently meets the critical accessibility requirements according to Levels A and AA of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1. with the following exceptions:
- Colors and contrasts
- Search boxes values
- Search engine buttons
- Navigation problems, focus and override
- Embedded HTML elements on the site
- Contact forms input fields and buttons
- Alt texts for embedded images
- Video and podcast subtitles
- Absence of headings and indentation
- Accessibility of PDF files
- Functionality of menus
- Clickable elements in the mobile view
- Content width in mobile view
The website's issues and problems in terms of accessibility requirements are listed in detail in the Accessibility Statement. The statement is currently only available in Finnish. The aim is to correct these issues by 23rd September 2020.